A floor is a foot-stopping, heart-stopping surface. Something about the right flooring can elevate a room from ordinary to spectacular, from functional to fabulous.
The type of flooring you choose will depend on what sort of look you want your room to have and how much it will be used. What’s more important is finding a flooring fitter in Colchester that can do all installations while being cost-effective.
Here are some types of flooring you should keep in mind when designing your home:
Are you tired of the same old floor? Well, then you need to find the best flooring fitter Colchester. There are so many different types of flooring out there that it is difficult to know where to start. To help you out, we have identified seven of the most popular choices below.
- Floor Tiles: Floor tiles come in various colours and textures to add warmth and character to any formal or casual space. Tile floors are easy to maintain, but they tend to be very slippery, so install rugs and runners for safety purposes.
- Rubber Flooring: Rubber flooring is gaining popularity today because it’s easy on joints and very durable. The best part about rubber flooring is that you’ll get a lot of design options such as different styles, patterns, shapes, sizes, surfaces and textures. You can even get rubber flooring that resembles wood or stone floors with their grains and colours! It’s also resistant to water, so it makes a great choice if you have pets.
- Laminate Flooring: Laminate flooring comprises four layers: wood particle boards, high-quality photographic paper finishes, plastic coating topcoats that are heat pressed together into planks or tiles. It looks like hardwood floors, but they are cheaper, making it an excellent choice for homes on a budget.
- Carpet: Carpet flooring would be the most common type of flooring installation in most homes because it’s soft, warm and cosy. They can make any room look bigger with their bright colours, patterns and textures. Carpet is also the most comfortable and affordable choice, and there are so many choices available today that you can get one that will perfectly fit your style and personality.
- Linoleum Flooring: Linoleum flooring comes from linseed oil mixed with limestone powders and cork dust to create sheets of material that resemble wood or stone finishes. Since its invention back in the 19th century, linoleum flooring has evolved into a durable and stylish material that can last for generations.
- Marble Flooring: Marble initially came from ancient Greece as their precious stone to make statues, vases and even floors. It was made famous by the Romans because of its polished surfaces, making it great for ornate rooms or areas where light is reflected.
- Concrete Flooring: Concrete flooring used to be considered cheap, but now you can see your favourite designers using it in their products. They’re making expensive luxurious designs with concrete tiles now! The good thing about concrete tiles is that you can create just about any design you want. If not, they are available in various colours and patterns that look like wood, stone and other materials.
You can find a flooring fitter on the internet. Many companies offer their services for reasonable rates, so contact them if you need help with your flooring installation. They would usually handle all types of flooring materials such as marble, wood, linoleum or even carpet so take advantage of these offers now.