If you’re looking for a way to try out an online gaming site, or just a sweetener to help you build a bankroll, then looking for a place to play that has a strong casino bonus can be a smart strategy. Here’s everything you want to know about casino bonuses and where to find them.
What is A Gaming Bonus?
Casino bonuses are used to both reward loyal players and entice new ones. They offer a range of bonuses across many of their game types, to appeal to a broad range of people. It’s an incentive added to your account, usually (but not always) hinging on you depositing or wagering some money with them.
For players in the UK, you may be familiar with the Gamstop program. The good news is this doesn’t mean you can’t play for fun or enjoy bonuses. Reputable non Gamstop no deposit bonus sites are out there for you.
Things to Ask about Your Online Casino Bonus
The most important thing is to make sure that you always read the fine print. These could include things like game contribution rates or minimum/maximum bet limits.
Some sites will apply bonuses automatically once the condition is met, but others will need you to enter a code at the cashier, so it’s good to be certain which you’re using. Some bonuses expire, too. Free spins can expire within a week, others will last between a month to 90 days, and some can be for as little as a day or three. Remember to always choose a reputable casino.
If the bonus has wagering requirements, it means you have to wager a set number of times before you can withdraw winnings. Game contribution rates mean you also have to contribute cash to clear the bonus, and many games have different rates. Online slots are high, with table games needing less. Both will be disclosed in the T&Cs
Remember that bonuses are typically tied to specific games, so choose one that aligns with your playing style.
Types of Online Bonus
There’s many types of online bonuses, but here’s a few popular ones:
- Free Spins: You get a certain number of free spins on an online slot machine.
- Welcome bonus: For new players, where the casino matches a percentage of the first deposit you make with them.
- No-deposit bonus: These are rare, but great to leverage. The casino will give you free money without you making a deposit. However, most won’t allow you to withdraw winnings without a deposit down the line.
- Reload bonus: These are for returning players who haven’t played lately, encouraging you to come back to the game.
- Loyalty/VIP programs: Here you earn cash or rewards as you play.
- Cashable bonuses: These allow you to cash out the bonus granted once you meet certain conditions, usually through wagering. Non-cashable bonuses can’t be cashed out, ever, but can be played with.
- Referrals: You get a bit added to your bankroll if you convince someone to sign up on your link.
As you can see, online gaming bonuses can be a nice way to get a little more out of your playing experience, so don’t be shy to use them to help build your bankroll and make the game even more fun.