Creating high-quality and valuable content for your website on a regular basis is often a part of an effective digital marketing strategy. Content, such as blogs, podcasts, videos, eBooks, webinars, infographics, and digital presentations, helps increase your online presence and establish your brand in the digital realm. This only shows the need to post fresh valuable content at least once daily while optimizing each published content for searches.
However, smart marketers leverage old blog posts and transform them into other formats and publish them on various platforms. Many do not realize that old content packed with value and substance can be repurposed and reused in different formats to expand audience reach, boost authority, and improve the SEO potential of your website. Repurposing content as part of your strategy will help capitalize the time you have invested in creating old content and growing your following.
What is Content Repurposing?
There is more to content repurposing than just republishing your old content in a different format. Although you can turn existing content into a slideshow presentation and republish it, you must consider the tidbit-style of a slideshow presentation; otherwise, you will end up rehashing 50 slides, which could have easily fit in a single page.
To successfully repurpose content, choose high-performing, evergreen and valuable existing content to ensure your readers are engaged and informed. Repurposing content not only saves you time but also adds more weight to your digital marketing strategy. Furthermore, it streamlines the process of creating new content.
Here are several tips you can do to repurpose your existing content and bring new value to new ones:
- Create infographics – Find old blog articles that have statistics, facts, or any interesting information and turn them into infographics. Although an infographic requires a bit of work to produce, hiring a graphic designer is a worthwhile investment as they can create stunning infographics that garner likes and shares on various social media platforms. Many people searching for information online are more likely to read infographics than a text article. Furthermore, showing your URL in the actual graphic and encouraging other website owners and readers to share a link to your site helps boost your SEO efforts and drive more traffic back to your website.
- Transform a blog into a video – Digital marketing experts claimed that video is the future of online content because they bring the best ROI than any type of content. Additionally, many people prefer watching videos rather than reading long blog posts. For instance, creating a video for engagement photography may seem a bit intimidating, especially if you do not know where to start or simply have no idea what type of content can stimulate engagement among your target audience. The solution, of course, is content repurposing. Browse from your library of content archives and search for existing relevant and valuable content for inspiration. You can easily transform high-quality in-depth blog posts into informative videos or create shorter videos that you can insert into other related blog posts to offer more value. Publishing your videos on YouTube can also help reinforce your relationship with your target audience, as well as captivate new followers.
- Compile blogs into eBooks – Writing an eBook does not need to be a daunting task. However, you do not need to start from scratch. If you have been writing blogs for a while, you can choose and compile 5 to 6 pieces of content on the same topic or several topics. Consider each one of them as a different section or chapter. Organize the content and put all important information together in one place to create different chapters. In most cases, each chapter may only need minimal edit to offer a valuable resource. After designing, optimizing, and publishing, you can use your eBooks to increase lead conversion. Do not forget about the content you used to create an eBook. You add a popup, call-to-action button, or embedded link to add value and help encourage potential customers to make a purchase while getting more leads. You can also offer the eBook as a lead magnet or a free download in exchange for a subscription or signing up to your list.
- Optimize content for additional keywords –
Optimizing your old blog post by adding low competition keywords is an effective way to boost your SEO authority and increase your content’s search engine power. Optimizing your content for additional keywords gives your content a boost in reaching more audiences.
- Create spin-off articles – If you are planning to focus on creating blogs about pre-owned watches in Toronto, you will run out of ideas soon. However, you can recycle ideas and inspiration, or even update your old content. You can try to create a series of blog articles that explore a more specific topic with greater details. Before you start repurposing your old content, make sure to check at your website analytics to give you an idea of the most popular posts and search terms used by your target customers. This will help you learn what content subjects to produce in the future.
- Turn Old Blogs into Podcasts – Look for an old long blog post with valuable information you want to expand and create a podcast episode from it. Many local SEO companies are turning old blogs into podcasts as they offer easy access to information for people on the go. Also, podcasts can turn dry or difficult content into easy-to-digest information. Unlike blogs, podcasts are more accessible, especially for people who are always on the go. This is essential as it helps expand the reach of your content. You can promote your podcast episodes through various social media platforms.
Repurposing existing content only requires a bit of thought and attention to make the new content work for you now and into the future. By repurposing a single blog article into a variety of formats, you read the same benefits as your original content.
Do not just sit on a goldmine! Start thinking about how you can leverage your old content and maximize its benefits today.