In this article, we’ll be exploring ways that you can make your book-obsessed friends happy. We’ll be exploring gifts that we are sure they’ll love as well as things that you can do and say that they’ll certainly appreciate. This will surely give you time to get something ready for word nerd day – next falling on January 9th 2023.
Gift Ideas for Bookworms
If you’re looking for a gift for a bookworm, there are a few things that you can consider. Here are some ideas for you to try:
- A Kindle (or a different kind of eReader). This is probably the number one gift that bookworms love to receive. They can load up their Kindle with all of their favourite books and take them with them wherever they go!
- A subscription to a book-related annual or magazine. This is another great gift idea that allows your friend to constantly be exposed to new and interesting literature. It’s also a great way to get them excited about reading again if they’ve been slacking off lately.
- Tickets to a book festival or author meet-up. If your friend loves meeting with fellow enthusiasts and discussing their favourite books, then tickets to an event like this would make an excellent gift! It’s sure to get them excited and allow them to indulge in all of their literary passions.
- A bookcase or bespoke shelf. This is a great gift for a friend who loves to display their books in a visually appealing way. You can either have a carpenter make a custom bookcase for them, or you could even make one yourself if you’re feeling crafty!
- A set of book or genre-specific bookmarks. If your friend is always losing track of where they are in their book, then a set of cool and unique bookmarks would be the perfect gift for them! It’ll also show that you put some thought into picking out the perfect present for them.
Things to Do and Say to Make Bookworms Ecstatic
In addition to gifting your friend with things that they’ll love, there are also things that you can do and say to make them leap with joy. Here we’ve put together a handful of our favourite suggestions:
- Recommend to them some new books that you think they might like. If you have seen any new books that you think your friend might enjoy, be sure to recommend them! Not only will it make your friend happy, but it’ll also give you something to talk about and bond over. Win-win!
- Ask them about what their favourite books are and show an interest. This is another great way to start up a conversation with your friend and learn more about what they love reading. It’ll also help you get an idea of what genres they’re into so that you can recommend more titles in the future. Not only will you learn about them, but you might also hear about something you like.
- Take them on a bookstore day out. What could be better than spending an afternoon perusing through all of the new releases at your local bookstore? It’s definitely a fun activity that anybody would enjoy, especially if you consider yourself to be a bit of a bookworm! Platonic dates are all the rage these days so why not take your friend on a day out? They’ll almost certainly appreciate it.
- Let them borrow your old books. If your friend always finds themselves to be asking to borrow your old, probably unread books, then just say yes! Books are written to be read and enjoyed. It’ll make them happy and it’ll give you a chance to read some new titles that you might not have otherwise picked up.
- Send them book-related memes. This idea is for sure a tad bit more lighthearted, but it’s a fun way to prove to your book-obsessed friend that you’re thinking of them and that you appreciate their love of books and reading on the whole.
The Best Books That You Can Buy for True Book Enthusiasts
Here we’ve put together a small list of amazing books that your book-loving friend will definitely love, then look no further! We’ve put together a list containing some of our favourite books that are sure to get your friend really excited. Maybe you could look out for limited edition versions of these books if they have them already?
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. This is a truly classic title that has been loved by millions, and one that any book lover should absolutely read. It’s the ideal novel for any book fan who can appreciate and understand the thought-provoking writing that Salinger brings to the table. Maybe you could buy them this highly sought after copy? Only joking – no pressure.
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. If your friend loves epic and fantastical tales, then they’ll definitely enjoy this one! It’s a lengthy read, but it’s well worth it for anyone who loves a good adventure story.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. This is another all-time title for any self-declared bookworm out there. It tells the story of a young person in the South during the 1930s and their experiences with racism and injustice, and it’s an excellent example of powerful storytelling.